Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Fever

I don't know if y'all have heard about the Binghamton, New York shooting yet but if you haven't, I believe 17 people were killed there today. Of course I have a theory. It's Spring Fever. I'm not making light of this tragedy, I'm just telling you what contributed to it. There's always a little truth in Old Wives Tales. People react just as strangely to the first of spring as they do to a full moon. Let me give you some more examples. The Oklahoma City bombing was in April, The Branch Dividian stand off in Waco,Tx was in April too. Also Columbine and Virginia Tech. My Grandmother said that her Daddy (my G-Grandpaw) would snap every spring and jump on somebody. They used to have to send him away to air him out a bit. Don't tell her I said this, but Grandmother, who suffers from "the crazies" too gets belligerent and wacky. I've been trying to recover from my slow downward slide this first of spring as well. Once again, not making light of these tragedies, spring does something to people. Take my advice and try to be nice to people this 1st of spring, you don't want to be the one that makes someone snap.

No comments: